Barrhaven Food Cupboard is a community-led, non-profit charitable organization that provides food assistance to individuals and families in need in the Barrhaven area through the generosity of our community. We are a registered Canadian charity (Registered Charity Number 83906 3831 RR0001).
We aspire to support our neighbours in Barrhaven, by providing them with food and other essentials of daily living, when going gets tough for them. Our mission of “Neighbours Helping Neighbours” also means that we engage and inspire our community to help and support our community members in need.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Barrhaven Food Cupboard Response
COVID-19 pandemic is an important public health matter, and one that the Barrhaven Food Cupboard (BFC) is taking very seriously. In this testing time, BFC services are required more than ever. We are committed to doing all we can to protect our community while continuing service to our existing Barrhaven clients (users) and provide service to the ones who might be struggling at this time.
In response we are taking the following precautions:
– We remain open. We have switched back to our normal food selection model (where our clients can choose their food from our store front).
– We have increased our on-site hygiene, and we are ensuring social distancing between our volunteers on site as well as volunteers serving in the community.
– We are requesting volunteers and clients who have traveled or who are feeling unwell to not visit our premises.
– We recommend that any volunteers that have underlying health conditions or are immune-compromised please refrain from volunteering.
– We are encouraging staff, volunteers, and visitors are to wash their hands frequently.
Please know that we are listening closely to Ottawa Public Health, our governments at all levels and striving to do our part in keeping our community safe, while continuing to provide essential services to those in need.
Please Help Us Support The Vulnerable In Our Community.
Barrhaven Food Cupboard needs support at this time because:
– Vulnerable families can’t afford to stock up food for days. With your help, we will ensure they can get through these difficult times.
– Many fundraising events may get postponed or cancelled. Your help will keep our shelves stocked for anyone who may need food during this stressful time.
If you are in need of help please dont hesitaite to contact us.